Whats everyone done today?
Dustin Cook
2010-06-20 23:30:03 UTC
Hi All.

New thread. :)

Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an HP
laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke right
off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it down, heat
the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity check. All is good
now.

So whats everyone else been doing today?
--
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see. Hey! The other
side of the mountain was all that he could see! So he went back over the
all that he could see! - Green Jelly The Bear Song
Jenn
2010-06-20 23:53:16 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an
HP laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke
right off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it
down, heat the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity
check. All is good now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
I've been telling you off and on all day to go away ....
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Dustin Cook
2010-06-20 23:54:45 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an
HP laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke
right off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it
down, heat the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity
check. All is good now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
I've been telling you off and on all day to go away ....
So, nothing productive or even Christian style then.. shrug.. ah well. :)
Jenn
2010-06-21 00:07:32 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has
an HP laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points
broke right off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to
tear it down, heat the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a
continuity check. All is good now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
I've been telling you off and on all day to go away ....
So, nothing productive or even Christian style then.. shrug.. ah well. :)
oh yes.. this is a Christian who's had enough ... go home .. away from here
... or you could apologize and we could start over.
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 02:40:27 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has
an HP laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points
broke right off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to
tear it down, heat the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a
continuity check. All is good now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
I've been telling you off and on all day to go away ....
So, nothing productive or even Christian style then.. shrug.. ah well. :)
oh yes.. this is a Christian who's had enough ... go home .. away
from here ... or you could apologize and we could start over.
Kinda pointless to say this, as it really has nothing to do with the
thread I created.. but, I'm not going anyplace and I have no interest in
starting over with you, Jenn. I don't need associates like you around me.
was all that he could see! - Green Jelly The Bear Song
Jenn
2010-06-21 03:31:49 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
oh yes.. this is a Christian who's had enough ... go home .. away
from here ... or you could apologize and we could start over.
Kinda pointless to say this, as it really has nothing to do with the
thread I created.. but, I'm not going anyplace and I have no interest
in starting over with you, Jenn. I don't need associates like you
around me.
... good ... be on your merry way then
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 04:52:53 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
oh yes.. this is a Christian who's had enough ... go home .. away
from here ... or you could apologize and we could start over.
Kinda pointless to say this, as it really has nothing to do with the
thread I created.. but, I'm not going anyplace and I have no interest
in starting over with you, Jenn. I don't need associates like you
around me.
... good ... be on your merry way then
I'm not going anyplace, Jenn. This is usenet, and this is but one
newsgroup out of thousands. You can hijack threads demanding an apology
from me all you like. You will not get one, except for an apology for
referring to you as xian scum. I still consider you to be one of many,
self righteous hypocrites on usenet. Don't take it too personal, theres
hundreds of thousands of them; and I have no doubt many far worse than
yourself.
Jenn
2010-06-21 16:16:35 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
oh yes.. this is a Christian who's had enough ... go home .. away
from here ... or you could apologize and we could start over.
Kinda pointless to say this, as it really has nothing to do with the
thread I created.. but, I'm not going anyplace and I have no
interest in starting over with you, Jenn. I don't need associates
like you around me.
... good ... be on your merry way then
I'm not going anyplace, Jenn. This is usenet, and this is but one
newsgroup out of thousands. You can hijack threads demanding an
apology from me all you like.
well gee ... seems to me you have done the same thing demanding an apology
from Bd. Hypocrite.
Post by Dustin Cook
You will not get one, except for an
apology for referring to you as xian scum.
oh yeah? is that supposed to be an apology?
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 16:52:20 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
oh yes.. this is a Christian who's had enough ... go home .. away
from here ... or you could apologize and we could start over.
Kinda pointless to say this, as it really has nothing to do with
the thread I created.. but, I'm not going anyplace and I have no
interest in starting over with you, Jenn. I don't need associates
like you around me.
... good ... be on your merry way then
I'm not going anyplace, Jenn. This is usenet, and this is but one
newsgroup out of thousands. You can hijack threads demanding an
apology from me all you like.
well gee ... seems to me you have done the same thing demanding an
apology from Bd. Hypocrite.
Jenn, really, I'm getting dizzy with all this spinning.
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
You will not get one, except for an
apology for referring to you as xian scum.
oh yeah? is that supposed to be an apology?
That's the only thing I had to apologize for.
Jenn
2010-06-21 17:40:16 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
You will not get one, except for an
apology for referring to you as xian scum.
oh yeah? is that supposed to be an apology?
That's the only thing I had to apologize for.
So you're saying you're sorry for calling me xian scum?
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
SeaNymph
You rudeness apparently knows no bounds.
What's in a Name?
2010-06-21 01:52:11 UTC
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 19:54:45 -0400, Dustin Cook
Post by Dustin Cook
So, nothing productive or even Christian style then.. shrug.. ah well. :)
I've been reading the last few days worth of posts here, on and off all
day. Lots of hissing and spitting, almost as good as listening to my 2
boys go at. "he called me stupid!!" "he did it first!" oh well, roll
another one........
-- Virus Removal Instructions
http://sites.google.com/site/keepingwindowsclean/home
Max's Favorite Freeware
http://sites.google.com/site/keepingwindowsclean/freeware
I'm Max Wachtel and I approve this message.
Registered Linux User #393236
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 02:40:56 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
So, nothing productive or even Christian style then.. shrug.. ah well. :)
I've been reading the last few days worth of posts here, on and off
all day. Lots of hissing and spitting, almost as good as listening to
my 2 boys go at. "he called me stupid!!" "he did it first!" oh well,
roll another one........
Hahaha.. your always one for interesting comments Max
What's in a Name?
2010-06-21 23:06:55 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
So, nothing productive or even Christian style then.. shrug.. ah well. :)
I've been reading the last few days worth of posts here, on and off
all day. Lots of hissing and spitting, almost as good as listening to
my 2 boys go at. "he called me stupid!!" "he did it first!" oh well,
roll another one........
Hahaha.. your always one for interesting comments Max
actually I've been playing around with puppy linux. Just got Opera 10.6 up
and running today.
SeaNymph
Why such a need to rain on everybody's nice day?
FromTheRafters
Try again, maybe it will work this time.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 04:53:14 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by Jenn
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an
HP laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke
right off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it
down, heat the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity
check. All is good now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
I've been telling you off and on all day to go away ....
Try again, maybe it will work this time.
Sounds like she should try a new angle. <G>
RonNNN
2010-06-21 00:16:58 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy" I am
(just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release thing. Came home,
took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes into it by a call from my
oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day. Watched a Blockbuster DVD,
"It's Complicated", and been trying to play catch-up on the newsgroup posts.
That's almost as much fun as going to a three ring circus! [g]
Jenn
2010-06-21 00:19:05 UTC
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy"
I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release
thing. Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes
into it by a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers
day. Watched a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated", and been trying
to play catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's almost as much fun as
going to a three ring circus! [g]
Well sounds like you've had a fun day, RonNNN. Happy fathers day.

just so you know.. this three ring circus isn't over, yet.
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
RonNNN
2010-06-21 00:39:57 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy"
I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release
thing. Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes
into it by a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers
day. Watched a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated", and been trying
to play catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's almost as much fun as
going to a three ring circus! [g]
Well sounds like you've had a fun day, RonNNN. Happy fathers day.
Thanks, it was OK, relaxing.
Post by Jenn
just so you know.. this three ring circus isn't over, yet.
Perhaps not for you "performers", but, for this reader, the points have been
covered, and it's getting into that redundancy stage. I doubt that I could
possibly miss much now by ignoring that other thread in the future.
Jenn
2010-06-21 00:46:31 UTC
Post by RonNNN
Post by Jenn
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Jenn
just so you know.. this three ring circus isn't over, yet.
Perhaps not for you "performers", but, for this reader, the points
have been covered, and it's getting into that redundancy stage. I
doubt that I could possibly miss much now by ignoring that other
thread in the future.
... tomorrow is another day
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 02:42:59 UTC
Post by RonNNN
Post by Jenn
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Jenn
just so you know.. this three ring circus isn't over, yet.
Perhaps not for you "performers", but, for this reader, the points
have been covered, and it's getting into that redundancy stage. I
doubt that I could possibly miss much now by ignoring that other
thread in the future.
Short of an apology from Dave that isn't coming, you wouldn't be missing
anything, no.
Aardvark
2010-06-21 00:43:58 UTC
Post by RonNNN
a call from my
oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day
I only knew it was Father's Day because someone here mentioned it here
earlier. Other than that, I haven't heard the phrase at all.
Jenn
2010-06-21 00:47:13 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
a call from my
oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day
I only knew it was Father's Day because someone here mentioned it here
earlier. Other than that, I haven't heard the phrase at all.
You don't have a Fathers day in the UK?
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Aardvark
2010-06-21 00:52:56 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
a call from my
oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day
I only knew it was Father's Day because someone here mentioned it here
earlier. Other than that, I haven't heard the phrase at all.
You don't have a Fathers day in the UK?
Apparently so, but apparently not in this house.

:-)
~BD~
2010-06-21 08:52:02 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
a call from my
oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day
I only knew it was Father's Day because someone here mentioned it here
earlier. Other than that, I haven't heard the phrase at all.
You don't have a Fathers day in the UK?
Apparently so, but apparently not in this house.
:-)
That was the wrong smiley ......... it should have been :(

I got a rosette (like a dog or horse!) saying "Number 1 Dad"

It was on top of a litre bottle of Bell's from TESCO which I bought
myself!

The £16 offer ends on 26 June, btw!
--
Dave

Aardvark
2010-06-21 11:20:01 UTC
Post by ~BD~
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
a call from my
oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day
I only knew it was Father's Day because someone here mentioned it here
earlier. Other than that, I haven't heard the phrase at all.
You don't have a Fathers day in the UK?
Apparently so, but apparently not in this house.
:-)
That was the wrong smiley ......... it should have been :(
Not from where I'm sitting. I'm glad that my kids don't pander to the
commercial interests of the greetings card industry.
Post by ~BD~
I got a rosette (like a dog or horse!) saying "Number 1 Dad"
Did they feed you a sugar lump or two as well?
Post by ~BD~
It was on top of a litre bottle of Bell's from TESCO which I bought
myself!
I've nearly finished this litre bottle I bought in Asda, so I'll be going
out later in the week to replenish supplies.
Post by ~BD~
The £16 offer ends on 26 June, btw!
Thanks for letting me know. This bottle of no-name Scotch cost me £14.98.
Maybe I should have made the effort and gone to Tesco on Friday evening.
RonNNN
2010-06-21 00:53:54 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
a call from my
oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day
I only knew it was Father's Day because someone here mentioned it here
earlier. Other than that, I haven't heard the phrase at all.
My other daughter left a card on my door while we were out fishing, and then
texted me a greeting a bit later in the day. Of course, the better half gave
me a card too! [g]

FWIW, I'll wish the rest of your day to go good for you. ;')
Aardvark
2010-06-21 01:00:45 UTC
Post by RonNNN
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
a call from my
oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day
I only knew it was Father's Day because someone here mentioned it here
earlier. Other than that, I haven't heard the phrase at all.
My other daughter left a card on my door while we were out fishing, and
then texted me a greeting a bit later in the day. Of course, the better
half gave me a card too! [g]
I've got this Socialist thing about cards for sto0pid occasions which I
made my kids aware of at a very early age. I don't even get birthday
cards (except from me dear ol' mum) and that's fine by me.
Post by RonNNN
FWIW, I'll wish the rest of your day to go good for you. ;')
Cheers, mate. Day's well and truly over, though. It's approaching 2 in
the morning, and I'm pretty drunk, but I don't care because I'm off work
until Wednesday.

The world is wunnerfulllll.

:-)
RonNNN
2010-06-21 01:13:49 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
a call from my
oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day
I only knew it was Father's Day because someone here mentioned it here
earlier. Other than that, I haven't heard the phrase at all.
My other daughter left a card on my door while we were out fishing, and
then texted me a greeting a bit later in the day. Of course, the better
half gave me a card too! [g]
I've got this Socialist thing about cards for sto0pid occasions which I
made my kids aware of at a very early age. I don't even get birthday
cards (except from me dear ol' mum) and that's fine by me.
I've tried that approach too, but compromises just seem to happen after a
few decades! I used to never get my wife a card for mothers day... she's my
wife, not my mom! [g] Birthday cards? Never! (right.... lol) Now, I just go
with the flow!
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
FWIW, I'll wish the rest of your day to go good for you. ;')
Cheers, mate. Day's well and truly over, though. It's approaching 2 in
the morning, and I'm pretty drunk, but I don't care because I'm off work
until Wednesday.
Sometimes I just don't think about the time zones! Duh!
Post by Aardvark
The world is wunnerfulllll.
Ain't it though!
Jenn
2010-06-21 03:26:32 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
Post by RonNNN
FWIW, I'll wish the rest of your day to go good for you. ;')
Cheers, mate. Day's well and truly over, though. It's approaching 2 in
the morning, and I'm pretty drunk, but I don't care because I'm off
work until Wednesday.
The world is wunnerfulllll.
:-)
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can be
wunnerfullll sometimes
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Aardvark
2010-06-21 10:33:01 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
Post by RonNNN
FWIW, I'll wish the rest of your day to go good for you. ;')
Cheers, mate. Day's well and truly over, though. It's approaching 2 in
the morning, and I'm pretty drunk, but I don't care because I'm off
work until Wednesday.
The world is wunnerfulllll.
:-)
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can be
wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
FromTheRafters
You let too much air into that bottle?
Aardvark
2010-06-21 13:23:13 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
Post by RonNNN
FWIW, I'll wish the rest of your day to go good for you. ;')
Cheers, mate. Day's well and truly over, though. It's approaching 2 in
the morning, and I'm pretty drunk, but I don't care because I'm off
work until Wednesday.
The world is wunnerfulllll.
:-)
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can be
wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
You let too much air into that bottle?
LOL, despite rushing to get the cap back on with every refill, I think
you may be right.

Do you think the bottle of port and vodkas mixed with blood orange juice
I downed before starting on the whisky might have a bearing on the
situation?
~BD~
2010-06-21 13:33:57 UTC
Air today ........ gone tomorrow! ;-)
Aardvark
2010-06-21 14:05:12 UTC
Post by ~BD~
Post by Aardvark
LOL, despite rushing to get the cap back on with every refill, I think
you may be right.
Air today ........ gone tomorrow! ;-)
I'm sitting here drinking a 'livener' at present, preparing to gird my
loins and replace the shower unit in the bathroom which packed up on
Saturday (while John was having a shower LOL- covered in suds). I went
out earlier and bought a new one- same make, same model. Makes for easy
replacement.
~BD~
2010-06-21 14:27:00 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by ~BD~
Post by Aardvark
LOL, despite rushing to get the cap back on with every refill, I think
you may be right.
Air today ........ gone tomorrow! ;-)
I'm sitting here drinking a 'livener' at present,
Me too - I'm in the middle of nowhere - no traffic, no people, no
aircraft - bliss!
Post by Aardvark
preparing to gird my
loins and replace the shower unit in the bathroom which packed up on
Saturday (while John was having a shower LOL- covered in suds).
Oh sh*t! Say no more!
Post by Aardvark
I went out earlier and bought a new one- same make, same model. Makes
for easy
replacement.
Ha! BTDT. The new model had changed the distance between fixing holes on
the shower rail by about half an inch! Grrr!

I simply cut half an inch off the rail so that I didn't have to drill
new fixing holes in the tiles!

Hope it goes like a dream for you!
Dave
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 16:54:42 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
Post by RonNNN
FWIW, I'll wish the rest of your day to go good for you. ;')
Cheers, mate. Day's well and truly over, though. It's approaching 2 in
the morning, and I'm pretty drunk, but I don't care because I'm
off work until Wednesday.
The world is wunnerfulllll.
:-)
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can
be wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
You let too much air into that bottle?
LOL, despite rushing to get the cap back on with every refill, I think
you may be right.
Do you think the bottle of port and vodkas mixed with blood orange
juice I downed before starting on the whisky might have a bearing on
the situation?
Damn.. So the scotch was what then, an appetizer? :)
Aardvark
2010-06-21 18:07:10 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Aardvark
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
Post by RonNNN
FWIW, I'll wish the rest of your day to go good for you. ;')
Cheers, mate. Day's well and truly over, though. It's approaching 2 in
the morning, and I'm pretty drunk, but I don't care because I'm off
work until Wednesday.
The world is wunnerfulllll.
:-)
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can be
wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
You let too much air into that bottle?
LOL, despite rushing to get the cap back on with every refill, I think
you may be right.
Do you think the bottle of port and vodkas mixed with blood orange
juice I downed before starting on the whisky might have a bearing on
the situation?
Damn.. So the scotch was what then, an appetizer? :)
Main course. Yum!

I really did down everything I told you yesterday. Finished the port
first, then the vodka and blood orange juice. All I had left was half a
litre of Scotch, and I'd developed somewhat of a thirst, so the Scotch
got it right in the neck.

Did I mention that i can be a gluttonous bastard occasionally?
Jenn
2010-06-21 15:52:06 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
Post by RonNNN
FWIW, I'll wish the rest of your day to go good for you. ;')
Cheers, mate. Day's well and truly over, though. It's approaching 2
in the morning, and I'm pretty drunk, but I don't care because I'm
off work until Wednesday.
The world is wunnerfulllll.
:-)
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can be
wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
take a nap .. it might help that headache a bit
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
Aardvark
2010-06-21 15:58:14 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by RonNNN
Post by RonNNN
FWIW, I'll wish the rest of your day to go good for you. ;')
Cheers, mate. Day's well and truly over, though. It's approaching 2
in the morning, and I'm pretty drunk, but I don't care because I'm
off work until Wednesday.
The world is wunnerfulllll.
:-)
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can be
wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
take a nap .. it might help that headache a bit
Headache gone. Whisky buzz started again.

You have to wean yerself off these things, y'know. By the time I'm back
in work on Wednesday, I'll be in tip-top condition.
Jenn
2010-06-21 16:09:50 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can
be wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
take a nap .. it might help that headache a bit
Headache gone. Whisky buzz started again.
You have to wean yerself off these things, y'know. By the time I'm
back in work on Wednesday, I'll be in tip-top condition.
I've never been drunk before, but I'll take your word for it. LOL
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 16:55:43 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can
be wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
take a nap .. it might help that headache a bit
Headache gone. Whisky buzz started again.
You have to wean yerself off these things, y'know. By the time I'm
back in work on Wednesday, I'll be in tip-top condition.
I've never been drunk before, but I'll take your word for it. LOL
The hangover comes from dehydration, Jenn. Taking a nap won't make them go
away. Drinking more alcohol to thin your blood and add fluids back will
help.
Jenn
2010-06-21 17:38:54 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can
be wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
take a nap .. it might help that headache a bit
Headache gone. Whisky buzz started again.
You have to wean yerself off these things, y'know. By the time I'm
back in work on Wednesday, I'll be in tip-top condition.
I've never been drunk before, but I'll take your word for it. LOL
The hangover comes from dehydration, Jenn. Taking a nap won't make
them go away. Drinking more alcohol to thin your blood and add fluids
back will help.
I'll try to remember that if I ever decide to get drunk. :)
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
Aardvark
2010-06-21 18:08:14 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can
be wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
take a nap .. it might help that headache a bit
Headache gone. Whisky buzz started again.
You have to wean yerself off these things, y'know. By the time I'm
back in work on Wednesday, I'll be in tip-top condition.
I've never been drunk before, but I'll take your word for it. LOL
The hangover comes from dehydration, Jenn. Taking a nap won't make them
go away. Drinking more alcohol to thin your blood and add fluids back
will help.
A hair of the dog that bit you.

Or a full English breakfast (mmmmm cholesterol).

Or both.
Aardvark
2010-06-21 17:57:51 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can be
wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
take a nap .. it might help that headache a bit
Headache gone. Whisky buzz started again.
You have to wean yerself off these things, y'know. By the time I'm back
in work on Wednesday, I'll be in tip-top condition.
I've never been drunk before, but I'll take your word for it. LOL
I wasn't drunk last night. I was absolutely paralytic. There's a subtle
difference.

:-)
Jenn
2010-06-21 17:59:04 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world
can be wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
take a nap .. it might help that headache a bit
Headache gone. Whisky buzz started again.
You have to wean yerself off these things, y'know. By the time I'm
back in work on Wednesday, I'll be in tip-top condition.
I've never been drunk before, but I'll take your word for it. LOL
I wasn't drunk last night. I was absolutely paralytic. There's a
subtle difference.
:-)
ok ... I don't understand it, tho.
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
Aardvark
2010-06-21 18:37:13 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world can
be wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
take a nap .. it might help that headache a bit
Headache gone. Whisky buzz started again.
You have to wean yerself off these things, y'know. By the time I'm
back in work on Wednesday, I'll be in tip-top condition.
I've never been drunk before, but I'll take your word for it. LOL
I wasn't drunk last night. I was absolutely paralytic. There's a subtle
difference.
:-)
ok ... I don't understand it, tho.
There are degrees of drunkenness, my dear. On a scale of one to ten, I
was at a nine point five last night. I crawled upstairs to bed. Had my
score been a full ten, I would have slept on the living room floor, being
unable to crawl to the door.
Jenn
2010-06-21 19:17:11 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
sounds like you're celebrating fathers day anyway! the world
can be wunnerfullll sometimes
But not today. Today I have a headache. Can't think why.
take a nap .. it might help that headache a bit
Headache gone. Whisky buzz started again.
You have to wean yerself off these things, y'know. By the time I'm
back in work on Wednesday, I'll be in tip-top condition.
I've never been drunk before, but I'll take your word for it. LOL
I wasn't drunk last night. I was absolutely paralytic. There's a
subtle difference.
:-)
ok ... I don't understand it, tho.
There are degrees of drunkenness, my dear. On a scale of one to ten, I
was at a nine point five last night. I crawled upstairs to bed. Had my
score been a full ten, I would have slept on the living room floor,
being unable to crawl to the door.
k I meant I don't understand why you want to get that drunk.
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Aardvark
2010-06-21 19:51:22 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
[...]
Coz I like to occasionally. It takes the hard edges off life when I most
need it.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 02:41:50 UTC
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy"
I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release thing.
Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes into it by
a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day. Watched
a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated", and been trying to play
catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's almost as much fun as going to
a three ring circus! [g]
Speaking of the blockbuster movie, is it any good? I'm thinking of renting
the Johnny Depp Alice in Wonderland.. but would be interested in others
opinions who have seen it.
Peter Foldes
2010-06-21 04:42:09 UTC
Dustin

Excellent movie. Starts up a bit slow and then it becomes very interesting and tends
to grip you to stay in your seat. Amazing effects and a great storyline
--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
opinions who have seen it.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 04:53:57 UTC
Post by What's in a Name?
Dustin
Excellent movie. Starts up a bit slow and then it becomes very
interesting and tends to grip you to stay in your seat. Amazing
effects and a great storyline
Thanks Peter, I might check it out then.
SeaNymph
2010-06-21 14:21:58 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy"
I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release thing.
Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes into it by
a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day. Watched
a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated", and been trying to play
catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's almost as much fun as going to
a three ring circus! [g]
Speaking of the blockbuster movie, is it any good? I'm thinking of renting
the Johnny Depp Alice in Wonderland.. but would be interested in others
opinions who have seen it.
Haven't seen it yet, so watch it and let me know. It is definitely on my
list though.

Watched Crazy Heart last night and enjoyed it.
Aardvark
2010-06-21 14:41:08 UTC
Post by SeaNymph
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy"
I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release thing.
Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes into it by
a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day. Watched
a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated", and been trying to play
catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's almost as much fun as going to
a three ring circus! [g]
Speaking of the blockbuster movie, is it any good? I'm thinking of
renting the Johnny Depp Alice in Wonderland.. but would be interested
in others opinions who have seen it.
Haven't seen it yet, so watch it and let me know. It is definitely on
my list though.
Watched Crazy Heart last night and enjoyed it.
One night about a year ago, my mate and I watched 'The Bucket List'
together (with some beers and a bottle of Scotch). At the end we both
looked at each other and laughed, because we had both become quite teary-
eyed. The Jack Nicholson character was so like him, and he stated that
the Morgan Freeman character was me to a tee. Which added to the humour,
as my mate is Jamaican, and as he says, I'm not white, I'm pink.

We gave each other a man-hug that night.
SeaNymph
2010-06-21 15:32:47 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by SeaNymph
Watched Crazy Heart last night and enjoyed it.
One night about a year ago, my mate and I watched 'The Bucket List'
together (with some beers and a bottle of Scotch). At the end we both
looked at each other and laughed, because we had both become quite teary-
eyed. The Jack Nicholson character was so like him, and he stated that
the Morgan Freeman character was me to a tee. Which added to the humour,
as my mate is Jamaican, and as he says, I'm not white, I'm pink.
We gave each other a man-hug that night.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Bucket List. The performances were great, the
premise was believable and it was just a good movie.

Another movie, that's not new, that I really enjoyed was "In Bruges". I
would recommend it.
Aardvark
2010-06-21 15:38:34 UTC
Post by SeaNymph
Post by Aardvark
Post by SeaNymph
Watched Crazy Heart last night and enjoyed it.
One night about a year ago, my mate and I watched 'The Bucket List'
together (with some beers and a bottle of Scotch). At the end we both
looked at each other and laughed, because we had both become quite
teary- eyed. The Jack Nicholson character was so like him, and he
stated that the Morgan Freeman character was me to a tee. Which added
to the humour, as my mate is Jamaican, and as he says, I'm not white,
I'm pink.
We gave each other a man-hug that night.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Bucket List. The performances were great, the
premise was believable and it was just a good movie.
Oh yes. Nevertheless I think that one must be prepared to suspend
disbelief when one watches any dramatic work, otherwise one is in danger
of missing the meaning. Well, to a point.
Post by SeaNymph
Another movie, that's not new, that I really enjoyed was "In Bruges". I
would recommend it.
I'm sure you mentioned that before. Would you mind reminding me of the
name sometime soon?

BTW that (a) and (b) sitting in a tree thing (couldn't find the original
post). I exhausted my knowledge of the rhyme in two posts. What comes
next?
SeaNymph
2010-06-21 16:20:48 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by SeaNymph
I thoroughly enjoyed the Bucket List. The performances were great, the
premise was believable and it was just a good movie.
Oh yes. Nevertheless I think that one must be prepared to suspend
disbelief when one watches any dramatic work, otherwise one is in danger
of missing the meaning. Well, to a point.
Most movies are fiction, many with some basis in reality though. You have
to take each one as is it.
Post by Aardvark
Post by SeaNymph
Another movie, that's not new, that I really enjoyed was "In Bruges". I
would recommend it.
I'm sure you mentioned that before. Would you mind reminding me of the
name sometime soon?
I'll try to remember to do that.
Post by Aardvark
BTW that (a) and (b) sitting in a tree thing (couldn't find the original
post). I exhausted my knowledge of the rhyme in two posts. What comes
next?
First comes love, then comes marriage
Here comes Aardvark with a baby carriage
Aardvark
SeaNymph
Told ya it wouldn't fly!
Jenn
2010-06-21 15:49:48 UTC
Post by Aardvark
One night about a year ago, my mate and I watched 'The Bucket List'
together (with some beers and a bottle of Scotch). At the end we both
looked at each other and laughed, because we had both become quite
teary- eyed. The Jack Nicholson character was so like him, and he
stated that the Morgan Freeman character was me to a tee. Which added
to the humour, as my mate is Jamaican, and as he says, I'm not white,
I'm pink.
We gave each other a man-hug that night.
I loved the "Bucket List" ... You are such a softy. :)
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
Aardvark
2010-06-21 15:56:21 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
One night about a year ago, my mate and I watched 'The Bucket List'
together (with some beers and a bottle of Scotch). At the end we both
looked at each other and laughed, because we had both become quite
teary- eyed. The Jack Nicholson character was so like him, and he
stated that the Morgan Freeman character was me to a tee. Which added
to the humour, as my mate is Jamaican, and as he says, I'm not white,
I'm pink.
We gave each other a man-hug that night.
I loved the "Bucket List" ... You are such a softy. :)
No, my dear. I'm a rough, tough construction worker.
Jenn
2010-06-21 16:10:39 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
One night about a year ago, my mate and I watched 'The Bucket List'
together (with some beers and a bottle of Scotch). At the end we
both looked at each other and laughed, because we had both become
quite teary- eyed. The Jack Nicholson character was so like him,
and he stated that the Morgan Freeman character was me to a tee.
Which added to the humour, as my mate is Jamaican, and as he says,
I'm not white, I'm pink.
We gave each other a man-hug that night.
I loved the "Bucket List" ... You are such a softy. :)
No, my dear. I'm a rough, tough construction worker.
... who does 'man hugs' .... that's ok tho ... just means you are soft on
the inside :)
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
Aardvark
2010-06-21 17:58:58 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
One night about a year ago, my mate and I watched 'The Bucket List'
together (with some beers and a bottle of Scotch). At the end we both
looked at each other and laughed, because we had both become quite
teary- eyed. The Jack Nicholson character was so like him, and he
stated that the Morgan Freeman character was me to a tee. Which added
to the humour, as my mate is Jamaican, and as he says, I'm not white,
I'm pink.
We gave each other a man-hug that night.
I loved the "Bucket List" ... You are such a softy. :)
No, my dear. I'm a rough, tough construction worker.
... who does 'man hugs' .... that's ok tho ... just means you are soft
on the inside :)
Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. Like an armadillo.

Mmmmm. Armadillo.
Jenn
2010-06-21 18:03:43 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
One night about a year ago, my mate and I watched 'The Bucket
List' together (with some beers and a bottle of Scotch). At the
end we both looked at each other and laughed, because we had both
become quite teary- eyed. The Jack Nicholson character was so
like him, and he stated that the Morgan Freeman character was me
to a tee. Which added to the humour, as my mate is Jamaican, and
as he says, I'm not white, I'm pink.
We gave each other a man-hug that night.
I loved the "Bucket List" ... You are such a softy. :)
No, my dear. I'm a rough, tough construction worker.
... who does 'man hugs' .... that's ok tho ... just means you are
soft on the inside :)
Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. Like an armadillo.
Mmmmm. Armadillo.
another .. if you say so LOL
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
RonNNN
2010-06-21 23:22:09 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. Like an armadillo.
Mmmmm. Armadillo.
Where I come from we call that "Possum on the half shell". ;')

SeaNymph
2010-06-21 16:21:32 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Jenn
Post by Aardvark
One night about a year ago, my mate and I watched 'The Bucket List'
together (with some beers and a bottle of Scotch). At the end we both
looked at each other and laughed, because we had both become quite
teary- eyed. The Jack Nicholson character was so like him, and he
stated that the Morgan Freeman character was me to a tee. Which added
to the humour, as my mate is Jamaican, and as he says, I'm not white,
I'm pink.
We gave each other a man-hug that night.
I loved the "Bucket List" ... You are such a softy. :)
No, my dear. I'm a rough, tough construction worker.
You're probably one of the burnt marshmallow guys...all hard and crusty on
the outside, all soft and mushy on the inside :)
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 04:20:21 UTC
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy"
I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release thing.
Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes into it by
a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers day. Watched
a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated", and been trying to play
catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's almost as much fun as going to
a three ring circus! [g]
I did a "catch-up" before heading to work, when I come back there's 250+
posts.
Jenn
2010-06-21 04:23:30 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy"
I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release
thing. Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes
into it by a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers
day. Watched a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated", and been trying
to play catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's almost as much fun
as going to a three ring circus! [g]
I did a "catch-up" before heading to work, when I come back there's
250+ posts.
.. some days are like that ...
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Eagle
2010-06-21 13:22:29 UTC
Post by Jenn
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
I have 360+ to cruise through. I might do a all read and start fresh.
~BD~
2010-06-21 13:36:15 UTC
Post by Eagle
Post by Jenn
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Just think what you might be missing, Eagle!
Eagle
2010-06-21 13:47:37 UTC
Post by ~BD~
Post by Eagle
Post by Jenn
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy"
I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release
thing. Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes
into it by a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers
day. Watched a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated", and been trying
to play catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's almost as much fun
as going to a three ring circus! [g]
I did a "catch-up" before heading to work, when I come back there's
250+ posts.
.. some days are like that ...
I have 360+ to cruise through. I might do a all read and start fresh.
Just think what you might be missing, Eagle!
Such is life, Dave. I hope your day went well, and I'll bet it did.
We went to the Wineries here in Temecula and bought a couple of cases.
My Daughter did the same, so we're wined up for a day or so... :')
The BBQ at my Daughters home was great! Carne asada with all the usual
stuffings, a couple of bottles of wine, laughing and wrestling on the
sofa, kissing and hugging, then back to our home.
Holidays are just too short, especially Fathers Day.

Eagle
~BD~
2010-06-21 14:03:05 UTC
Post by Eagle
Such is life, Dave. I hope your day went well, and I'll bet it did.
We went to the Wineries here in Temecula and bought a couple of cases.
My Daughter did the same, so we're wined up for a day or so... :')
The BBQ at my Daughters home was great! Carne asada with all the usual
stuffings, a couple of bottles of wine, laughing and wrestling on the
sofa, kissing and hugging, then back to our home.
Holidays are just too short, especially Fathers Day.
Eagle
Ever new day is a bonus Eagle!

Especially when one can spend it with one's offspring!

It sounds as if you had a great time. I don't think Aardy is into
"kissing and hugging" but I think it would do him and all in his family
the world of good if he experimented with it! Might you have a view on
that?

I had to Google to discover what you meant regarding Carne Asada - found
this delicious sounding recipe!
http://bbq.about.com/od/steakrecipes/r/bl70517c.htm

Sounds fantastic - hope yours was as good!
Dave
Eagle
2010-06-21 15:54:39 UTC
Post by ~BD~
Post by Eagle
Such is life, Dave. I hope your day went well, and I'll bet it did.
We went to the Wineries here in Temecula and bought a couple of cases. My
Daughter did the same, so we're wined up for a day or so... :')
The BBQ at my Daughters home was great! Carne asada with all the usual
stuffings, a couple of bottles of wine, laughing and wrestling on the sofa,
kissing and hugging, then back to our home.
Holidays are just too short, especially Fathers Day.
Eagle
Ever new day is a bonus Eagle!
Especially when one can spend it with one's offspring!
It sounds as if you had a great time. I don't think Aardy is into "kissing
and hugging" but I think it would do him and all in his family the world of
good if he experimented with it! Might you have a view on that?
Na, Aardy has His own way of expressing himself. We all know He is full
of the juices of life...one look at His offspring and that'll tell you
what a great Father He is. :')
Post by ~BD~
I had to Google to discover what you meant regarding Carne Asada - found this
delicious sounding recipe!
http://bbq.about.com/od/steakrecipes/r/bl70517c.htm
Sounds fantastic - hope yours was as good!
Sounds like a good reciepe, but I would make one change...take the
tequila and some of the lime juice out and drink it while BBQing the
meat. That will enhance the jovialality of the partyhardy.... :')
Jenn
2010-06-21 16:08:58 UTC
Post by ~BD~
I had to Google to discover what you meant regarding Carne Asada -
found this delicious sounding recipe!
http://bbq.about.com/od/steakrecipes/r/bl70517c.htm
Sounds fantastic - hope yours was as good!
Sounds like a good reciepe, but I would make one change...take the
tequila and some of the lime juice out and drink it while BBQing the
meat. That will enhance the jovialality of the partyhardy.... :')
funny .. just don't burn the food! :)
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
Aardvark
2010-06-21 17:56:45 UTC
Post by ~BD~
I had to Google to discover what you meant regarding Carne Asada -
found this delicious sounding recipe!
http://bbq.about.com/od/steakrecipes/r/bl70517c.htm
Sounds fantastic - hope yours was as good!
Sounds like a good reciepe, but I would make one change...take the
tequila and some of the lime juice out and drink it while BBQing the
meat. That will enhance the jovialality of the partyhardy.... :')
funny .. just don't burn the food! :)
Nah. Don't burn the booze.
Eagle
2010-06-21 13:50:18 UTC
Post by ~BD~
Post by Eagle
Post by Jenn
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy"
I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release
thing. Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes
into it by a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers
day. Watched a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated", and been trying
to play catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's almost as much fun
as going to a three ring circus! [g]
I did a "catch-up" before heading to work, when I come back there's
250+ posts.
.. some days are like that ...
I have 360+ to cruise through. I might do a all read and start fresh.
Just think what you might be missing, Eagle!
By the way...the anteater seems to have a fork you attitude towards
this direction. Mayhaps He will reveal the reason sometime soon. :/
Aardvark
2010-06-21 14:10:08 UTC
Post by ~BD~
Post by Eagle
Post by Jenn
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good
guy" I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch &
release thing. Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15
minutes into it by a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a
happy fathers day. Watched a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated",
and been trying to play catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's
almost as much fun as going to a three ring circus! [g]
I did a "catch-up" before heading to work, when I come back there's
250+ posts.
.. some days are like that ...
I have 360+ to cruise through. I might do a all read and start fresh.
Just think what you might be missing, Eagle!
By the way...the anteater seems to have a fork you attitude towards this
direction.
Eh? Definitely not, mate. What makes you think that? You should know me
well enough by now to be sure that when I mean 'fork you', I'll say just
that.
Mayhaps He will reveal the reason sometime soon. :/
Sorry that you thought that, mate. I wouldn't slight you deliberately.
Mea culpa for any sins of omission I might have committed.
Eagle
2010-06-21 15:00:09 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by ~BD~
Post by Eagle
Post by Jenn
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
[...]
Thanks Aardy! I'm sorry I doubted you. Must be from all that wine
tasting I did yesterday. We went to seven different wineries yesterday,
and drank enought to make my knees swim!
Aardvark
2010-06-21 15:05:10 UTC
Post by Eagle
Post by Aardvark
Post by Eagle
Post by ~BD~
Post by Eagle
Post by Jenn
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Eagle
Mayhaps He will reveal the reason sometime soon. :/
Sorry that you thought that, mate. I wouldn't slight you deliberately.
Mea culpa for any sins of omission I might have committed.
Thanks Aardy! I'm sorry I doubted you. Must be from all that wine
tasting I did yesterday.
Fuck, it can really put some sto0pid self-pitying thoughts into one's
head, can't it. How do they fit them all into one cask with all that
liquid? I used to drink a lot of Paul Masson wine (Californian). That and
Chianti and Valpolicella turned me on to red wine. I really like any
California red. Or anything alcoholic, come to think of it. :-)
Post by Eagle
We went to seven different wineries yesterday,
and drank enought to make my knees swim!
Practice makes perfect, mate.
Oldus Fartus
2010-06-21 14:42:08 UTC
Post by Eagle
Post by Jenn
Post by FromTheRafters
I did a "catch-up" before heading to work, when I come back there's
250+ posts.
.. some days are like that ...
I have 360+ to cruise through. I might do a all read and start fresh.
Did the same thing here Eagle. I had a combined 18th & 21st Birthday
party on Saturday, and just haven't got around to reading every post.
--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
Aardvark
2010-06-21 14:47:25 UTC
Post by Oldus Fartus
I had a combined 18th & 21st Birthday
party on Saturday,
That would be a 39th, then. Hope you did/didn't (delete as appropriate)
get too pissed.
Post by Oldus Fartus
and just haven't got around to reading every post.
It's been lively. Seen the pic of me and my sprogs on BD's narrowboat?
Eagle
2010-06-21 15:04:31 UTC
Post by Eagle
Post by Jenn
Post by FromTheRafters
I did a "catch-up" before heading to work, when I come back there's
250+ posts.
.. some days are like that ...
I have 360+ to cruise through. I might do a all read and start fresh.
Did the same thing here Eagle. I had a combined 18th & 21st Birthday party
on Saturday, and just haven't got around to reading every post.
Ah yes...those are the big B'days! One says you are legally an adult
and can vote, the other signifies your trip through life is begun.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 04:55:45 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by RonNNN
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Good!
Post by Dustin Cook
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Went fishing. Had a good day, caught 8 cats, but being the "good guy"
I am (just kidding, my name isn't Dave) did the catch & release
thing. Came home, took a nap, only to be woke up about 15 minutes
into it by a call from my oldest daughter to wish me a happy fathers
day. Watched a Blockbuster DVD, "It's Complicated", and been trying
to play catch-up on the newsgroup posts. That's almost as much fun as
going to a three ring circus! [g]
I did a "catch-up" before heading to work, when I come back there's
250+ posts.
Yea, I'm discovering limitations in my newsclient as a result of the very
long threads and sometimes, very lengthy posts. I'm crashing out due to
memory corruption on an average of twice a day at present.

If I dump the message bodies tho, she runs for a bit longer...

You can pretty much mark them all as read, not really anything
significant in that particular thread. It's still the same between myself
and BD as it was when he initially created it.
Aardvark
2010-06-21 00:23:17 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an HP
laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke right
off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it down,
heat the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity check. All is
good now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
I've been busy getting drunk. Honestly. I'm worried about standing up in
case I fall over.

It's been a *great* day.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 04:56:57 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an HP
laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke right
off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it down,
heat the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity check. All is
good now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
I've been busy getting drunk. Honestly. I'm worried about standing up in
case I fall over.
Hey, it's the weekend! :) Don't fall and do any serious harm to yourself.
I don't run across such an interesting person all the time.
Post by Aardvark
It's been a *great* day.
Sounds like it. :) It's been hot and muggy here... miserable weather,
unless you like sweating just driving down the road. Van has no damn ac
system.
Aardvark
2010-06-21 13:36:56 UTC
Post by Aardvark
case I fall over.
Hey, it's the weekend! Don't fall and do any serious harm to yourself.
Like Dean Martin, I learnt a long time ago that you're never too drunk
while you can still lie down without holding on to something.
I don't run across such an interesting person all the time.
Time to improve your driving, then.
Post by Aardvark
It's been a *great* day.
Sounds like it. It's been hot and muggy here... miserable weather,
unless you like sweating just driving down the road.
Told you: I just luuurrrvvveee saunas.
Van has no damn ac
system.
Very few cars in this country have AC as standard. Last time I was in one
with AC was about ten years ago.
Jenn
2010-06-21 16:12:13 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Van has no damn ac
system.
Very few cars in this country have AC as standard. Last time I was in
one with AC was about ten years ago.
Don't know why, but I can't tolerate the heat for very long. I can get
really sick very fast in just a little bit of heat.
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 16:58:59 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Van has no damn ac
system.
Very few cars in this country have AC as standard. Last time I was in
one with AC was about ten years ago.
Don't know why, but I can't tolerate the heat for very long. I can get
really sick very fast in just a little bit of heat.
You're more prone to heat stroke than some others Jenn. If you keep
yourself well hydrated, you should! be okay. That doesn't mean stay out in
the hot sun all day tho. <G>
Jenn
2010-06-21 17:35:22 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by Dustin Cook
Van has no damn ac
system.
Very few cars in this country have AC as standard. Last time I was
in one with AC was about ten years ago.
Don't know why, but I can't tolerate the heat for very long. I can
get really sick very fast in just a little bit of heat.
You're more prone to heat stroke than some others Jenn. If you keep
yourself well hydrated, you should! be okay. That doesn't mean stay
out in the hot sun all day tho. <G>
I try to stay cool and drink lots of water... I feel like I'm fine and then
3 hours after I've been outside I get this killer of a headache.. makes me
want to rip my head off it hurts so bad, but if I take some ibuprofen when I
feel it coming on, it goes away. Sometimes, I'll wake up in the middle of
the night with it and have to stumble into the other room hunting down some
ibuprofen.. take that.. then put a pillow over my head and squeeze til it
stops hurting.

The headache doesn't make sense because I don't get it while I'm actually
out in the heat. I get it hours later.
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
Mike Easter
2010-06-21 00:23:22 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an HP
laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke right
off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it down, heat
the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity check. All is good
now.
Never having removed a LT mobo, I speak from inexperience. I would
think that the board components themselves would be wave soldered -- so
one could not go very 'far' with LT mobo repairs.

But since the power connxn is way out yonder on the edge (does that mean
past the wave work?) then it might be more straightforward.

Here's someone re-doing a bad Dell solder joint/point for a power
connxn. http://www.uofr.net/~greg/hardware/dell_power_connector/
Repairing the bad connection

(I was looking for pic of repairing a LT power connxn.)
Mike Easter
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 02:55:14 UTC
Post by Mike Easter
Post by Dustin Cook
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an
HP laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke
right off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it
down, heat the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity
check. All is good now.
Never having removed a LT mobo, I speak from inexperience. I would
think that the board components themselves would be wave soldered --
so one could not go very 'far' with LT mobo repairs.
It's just outside the wave solder points.
Post by Mike Easter
Here's someone re-doing a bad Dell solder joint/point for a power
connxn. http://www.uofr.net/~greg/hardware/dell_power_connector/
Repairing the bad connection
That's what its like the majority of the time.
SeaNymph
2010-06-21 01:38:36 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an HP
laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke right
off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it down, heat
the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity check. All is good
now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Had a wonderful day. My husband's son came over and actually brought him a
father's day card. You cannot imagine how important that little act of
kindness was. A bit later the inlaws came over. We invited them over for a
special dinner. A bit later, the son's girlfriend came over and we ate. It
was a lovely day, enjoyed by all.

Thanks for asking.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:20:51 UTC
Post by SeaNymph
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an
HP laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke
right off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it
down, heat the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity
check. All is good now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
Had a wonderful day. My husband's son came over and actually brought
him a father's day card. You cannot imagine how important that little
act of kindness was. A bit later the inlaws came over. We invited
them over for a special dinner. A bit later, the son's girlfriend
came over and we ate. It was a lovely day, enjoyed by all.
Sounds like it was a great time.
Peter Foldes
2010-06-21 02:13:57 UTC
My kids took me out for supper and they all pitched in and bought me a nice silk
scarf. Otherwise I did a bit of work that needed to be done and worked around the
house. That is pretty much it. Tomorrow morning I go for dialysis and then life goes
on

Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:21:35 UTC
Post by Peter Foldes
My kids took me out for supper and they all pitched in and bought me a
nice silk scarf. Otherwise I did a bit of work that needed to be done
and worked around the house. That is pretty much it. Tomorrow morning
I go for dialysis and then life goes on
Well, I hope the dialysis isn't too uncomfortable for you. Here's to a
better Tomorrow!
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 04:11:54 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an HP
laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke right
off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it down, heat
the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity check. All is good
now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
My cable router/wireless access point (owned by Time Warner Cable) died
yesterday. So I got on my motorcycle and went down to trade it in for a
good one. Today, after work, I set it up. I have two laptops (wireless)
and a network storage device (wired) on my LAN.

Today was my first day back to work after a badly needed vacation - just
happens that my vacation coincided with "Motorcycle Week" an annual
event here in New Hampshire. In addition to having motorcyclists from
all over converging on Weirs Beach, many folks shine up their antique
and/or classic automobiles - everywhere you go, it's like an auto show.

http://www.nhliving.com/events/motorcycleweek/nhmotorcycleweek.shtml

When in California, I participated in a "Yuma Run" and ended up at
"Boarder Jumpers" - good times - met some very interesting characters.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 04:59:56 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by Dustin Cook
Hi All.
New thread. :)
Today, I took a break and went for a drive to see a friend. He has an HP
laptop with a busted power connector (yea, the solder points broke right
off the mainboard); took about.. 30-45 minutes or so to tear it down, heat
the soldering pencil, resolder it and do a continuity check. All is good
now.
So whats everyone else been doing today?
My cable router/wireless access point (owned by Time Warner Cable)
died yesterday. So I got on my motorcycle and went down to trade it in
for a good one. Today, after work, I set it up. I have two laptops
(wireless) and a network storage device (wired) on my LAN.
Nice setup. I have 3 workstations wired to the router, and two on
wireless connections with a configuration which issues new group keys
every 10 minutes, to further discourage my up and coming hacker neighbors
kid. :) I gave in once, changed the security to wep and gave him limited
access. Once he saw the apache welcome screen, he was hooked.

He's a mostly good kid just being nosy is all.
Post by FromTheRafters
Today was my first day back to work after a badly needed vacation -
just happens that my vacation coincided with "Motorcycle Week" an
annual event here in New Hampshire. In addition to having
motorcyclists from all over converging on Weirs Beach, many folks
shine up their antique and/or classic automobiles - everywhere you go,
it's like an auto show.
Where abouts in New Hampshire are you residing? I lived in Berlin, NH for
about a year or so.. We moved there from Auburn, ME when I was 11, and we
later moved back to Maine after my 12th birthday (I got the nintendo
gameboy the year it came out. hehe, the original grey shade lcd screen
with no backlight and battery hunger from hell.)
Post by FromTheRafters
When in California, I participated in a "Yuma Run" and ended up at
"Boarder Jumpers" - good times - met some very interesting characters.
What sort of bike do you ride?
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 06:48:38 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by Dustin Cook
[...]
:oD

It's a real eye-opener when you discover that just about everybody has a
computer, and just about nobody knows how to properly secure it. Most
don't even know that connections can be made from 'out there'.
Post by Dustin Cook
He's a mostly good kid just being nosy is all.
My uncle was nice enough to allow me to use him as a target. It is good
to have someone as a willing adversary in hacker-style wargames.
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by FromTheRafters
Today was my first day back to work after a badly needed vacation -
just happens that my vacation coincided with "Motorcycle Week" an
annual event here in New Hampshire. In addition to having
motorcyclists from all over converging on Weirs Beach, many folks
shine up their antique and/or classic automobiles - everywhere you go,
it's like an auto show.
Where abouts in New Hampshire are you residing?
Southwest corner (Cheshire County) Keene, NH
Post by Dustin Cook
I lived in Berlin, NH for
about a year or so.. We moved there from Auburn, ME when I was 11, and we
later moved back to Maine after my 12th birthday
Born and raised here in Keene, other places I have lived are all in
California (Dixon, Davis, National City (San Diego), North Park (San
Diego again) Santee, Lakeside, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance
(near Rolling Hills), Rolling Hills, Torrance (again, near Alondra
park), Carson, Torrance (again the strip this time) Compton, Huntington
Beach, Gardena, and Hesperia.

...I may have missed some.

Funny thing, in National City I lived with a roommate who was a whiskey
drinker, I was a bit of a pothead.

Address - 5th and J - ya gotta love it when you notice shit like that.
Post by Dustin Cook
(I got the nintendo
gameboy the year it came out. hehe, the original grey shade lcd screen
with no backlight and battery hunger from hell.)
Hmmm, I grew up mostly in the "pinball with flippers" era.
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by FromTheRafters
When in California, I participated in a "Yuma Run" and ended up at
"Boarder Jumpers" - good times - met some very interesting
characters.
What sort of bike do you ride?
Now, it's a Suzuki

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/suzuki_vz_800_marauder_1998.php

Used to ride a Yamaha 650 (had several of them) before that a Kawasaki
750 mach iv (triple - dangerously kick-ass two stroker) and a Suzuki 250
twin (dangerously under powered two stroke 3-cycle, I got it going 80
mph one time). Oh a Husqvarna 250 one lunger dirt bike too.
Anonymous
2010-06-21 10:02:47 UTC
Post by ~BD~
I got a rosette (like a dog or horse!) saying "Number 1 Dad"
IMBECILE!