Is this really your home, Dustin?
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 02:12:59 UTC
"~BD~" <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:hvktjt$cgf$***@news.eternal-september.org...

[...]
However, I *will* make every effort /never/ to post details of
anyone's real-life address (unless it is already published on the
Internet/www) nor include real email addresses in posts unless they
have already been published elsewhere.
If an anonymous poster with malicious intent posts an address in the
body of the article, and you really must reply, it is best to edit out
the address. When the address is in the subject, it is best to not reply
at all, but changing the subject text would help to not propagate the
address further.

Splattering it elsewhere by crossposting it is just plain wrong.
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 02:40:43 UTC
" dispectable"
As Aardvark might say ............ WTF! :-)
Just as I was going to congratulate him for correctly using you're in
place of your. :o(
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:03:00 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
" dispectable"
As Aardvark might say ............ WTF! :-)
Just as I was going to congratulate him for correctly using you're in
place of your. :o(
Say... Why is it bad english to use "You are" instead of having to do the
shorthand, "You're" method? They both convey the same thing...
--
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see. Hey! The other
side of the mountain was all that he could see! So he went back over the
all that he could see! - Green Jelly The Bear Song
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 05:51:56 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
" dispectable"
As Aardvark might say ............ WTF! :-)
Just as I was going to congratulate him for correctly using you're in
place of your. :o(
Say... Why is it bad english to use "You are" instead of having to do the
shorthand, "You're" method? They both convey the same thing...
It isn't, but you frequently use "your" where "you are" or "you're" is
appropriate. You know, like "your welcome" or "your going to have to
back that up". It's no big deal, and I have erred as well (and BD
pointed one out to me once [no|know] ). You've been so consistent that
when I saw "you're" at the beginning I suspected a forgery. :oD
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 06:07:59 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by FromTheRafters
" dispectable"
As Aardvark might say ............ WTF! :-)
Just as I was going to congratulate him for correctly using you're in
place of your. :o(
Say... Why is it bad english to use "You are" instead of having to do the
shorthand, "You're" method? They both convey the same thing...
It isn't, but you frequently use "your" where "you are" or "you're" is
appropriate. You know, like "your welcome" or "your going to have to
back that up". It's no big deal, and I have erred as well (and BD
pointed one out to me once [no|know] ). You've been so consistent that
when I saw "you're" at the beginning I suspected a forgery. :oD
LOL... :) hehehe.. I honesty do try to keep the grammar a bit more
proper, but sometimes, I'm in a hurry or not paying enough attention and
one slips right by!. :)
was all that he could see! - Green Jelly The Bear Song
Aardvark
2010-06-21 10:51:40 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by FromTheRafters
" dispectable"
As Aardvark might say ............ WTF! :-)
Just as I was going to congratulate him for correctly using you're in
place of your. :o(
Say... Why is it bad english to use "You are" instead of having to do
the shorthand, "You're" method? They both convey the same thing...
It isn't. What *is* bad Engrish is your occasional use of 'your' when you
should have written 'you're'.
Oldus Fartus
2010-06-21 02:40:40 UTC
What I've made obvious is that I won't let anyone tell me what I
should say, when I should say it, and /or how I should think. I'll
make up my own mind.
That is exactly as it should be, with all taking responsibility for
their own words, and being held accountable for their own words.
If usenet had been designed with accountability in mind, it would be a
much different experience. As it is, it is an unsupervised playground.
Perhaps so, but it still works pretty well.
--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
FromTheRafters
I prefer it over other 'forums' because of it being so. :oD
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:01:21 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by Oldus Fartus
What I've made obvious is that I won't let anyone tell me what I
should say, when I should say it, and /or how I should think. I'll
make up my own mind.
That is exactly as it should be, with all taking responsibility for
their own words, and being held accountable for their own words.
If usenet had been designed with accountability in mind, it would be
a much different experience. As it is, it is an unsupervised
playground.
Perhaps so, but it still works pretty well.
I prefer it over other 'forums' because of it being so. :oD
Same here. Even with the fighting, stalking etc, usenet still has
benefits over forum style.
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 03:22:58 UTC
What I've made obvious is that I won't let anyone tell me what I
should say, when I should say it, and /or how I should think. I'll
make up my own mind.
That is exactly as it should be, with all taking responsibility for
their own words, and being held accountable for their own words.
If usenet had been designed with accountability in mind, it would be
much different experience. As it is, it is an unsupervised
playground.
We wouldn't have the keyboard cowboys, or persons trying to provoke
another
so much..
True, it's another case of 'they do it because they can'.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:00:50 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
What I've made obvious is that I won't let anyone tell me what I
should say, when I should say it, and /or how I should think. I'll
make up my own mind.
That is exactly as it should be, with all taking responsibility for
their own words, and being held accountable for their own words.
If usenet had been designed with accountability in mind, it would be
much different experience. As it is, it is an unsupervised
playground.
We wouldn't have the keyboard cowboys, or persons trying to provoke
another
so much..
True, it's another case of 'they do it because they can'.
Yep. Hey man, just so you know, I've been repasting the message you wrote
simply because you worded it alot better and clearer than I did with my
tagline.. I didn't mean any offense or anything with it, and if you want,
I'll stop using the post.
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 05:39:55 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
[...]
I have no problem with that. I posted it because my RPG/LSL reference
might have been too vague the first time I posted it.

Some people just don't get usenet, I thought it important for readers to
know that there *is* missing context in the snatched up posts being
spammed to certain groups by an anonymous cyberstalking crybaby.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 06:02:10 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Some people just don't get usenet, I thought it important for readers
to know that there *is* missing context in the snatched up posts being
spammed to certain groups by an anonymous cyberstalking crybaby.
I appreciate the time and effort you took to explain the situation.
Although, it would seem, BD didn't get it. :)
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 07:14:25 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Post by FromTheRafters
Some people just don't get usenet, I thought it important for readers
to know that there *is* missing context in the snatched up posts being
spammed to certain groups by an anonymous cyberstalking crybaby.
I appreciate the time and effort you took to explain the situation.
Although, it would seem, BD didn't get it. :)
It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but one of the 'participants'
over there asked how posts referencing genuine and non-misattributed
posts as archived at google et.al. could still be considered lies. I
knew the context (mostly) of those posts and could see how the missing
context, from the conversation in the links provided, can lead one to
false conclusions.
Oldus Fartus
2010-06-21 03:26:37 UTC
Now all the nutters, loons and socks come out to play.
Well, it *is* usenet, after all, mate.
True.
Nice to see you here, as always.
Thanks mate, you too.
--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 03:26:55 UTC
[...]
I am going to take a step back too.
I have proved my point and that is Dave did no wrong. He only
repeated
a post that Dustin himself had posted.
The address was posted by an anon remailer.
You piss someone off, and they decide to scrawl your phone number
under
the text "for a good time call CiderScratter". You get an occasional
call at odd times...along comes Dave who wants *everyone* to have a
good
time. He gets on the subway system (underground) and scrawls the same
message as was already "published" in every stall in every restroom
at
every stop he visits.
Has he done nothing wrong (aside from the obvious graffiti)?
Maybe not, as it was already "out there"...but *now* you have had to
change your number - maybe even have had to move because some nutcase
used a reverse directory and sent you letters.
So, where's CiderScatter's number? I wanna call him.
Not listed in my local telephone directory - check yours.
Aardvark
Jenn
2010-06-21 03:31:02 UTC
........ear to ear.
Oh shit, not another lawyer!
ok I had to laugh when you said that FTR
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 04:58:11 UTC
Well, then that's a *good* thing. :o)
Oldus Fartus
2010-06-21 03:34:25 UTC
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:04:06 -0400, Jenn
hello from Ohio.
I'm a bit south of you in Tulsa. It's really HOT here now. What's
the heat
like up your way?
Very pleasant, 80, breezy and the humidity is down. Kids are in
the pool. -- Virus Removal Instructions
ahhhhh sounds wonderful! humidity here is pretty bad. I can't do
heat very
well at all and tend to get heat headaches very easily if I'm in
the heat during the day even for just short periods of time. so... I am
always finding some place cool to be.
I get kids headaches myself during the summer but they go away come
September
;)
I never had that break because we homeschooled all 3 through 12 yrs
of school... with their age spread, it was something like 19 years
total to get
them all from k - 12. The baby just turned 21 last week, too, the
first one
is married living in LA, and the 2nd one is getting married next
week.
Can you say .. F R E E D O M? :D I still love to get together with
them,
but have lots more freedom now.
we are raising our grandkids(10,6) now and my eldest is 33. I'll be
"free" by the time I'm eligible for SS.
I'm rooting for my kids to raise their own kids and come visit and then go
home.. :)
LOL - that just never happened with me.

At any given time during the last 30 years I have had kids and/or grand
kids move back in with me for varying periods of time.
--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
Jenn
2010-06-21 03:41:19 UTC
Post by Oldus Fartus
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:20:50 -0400, Jenn
[...]
well.. the son is still half here. Her isn't quite financially stable yet
to go fully on his own but he's going that way. The oldest daughter wanted
to move back in with her husband and the grand baby and I said.. nope! We
can't afford it... not at the moment anyway. They are currently living with
his parents cuz the job situation in LA is not too good. He works, but
doesn't get enough to live on their own.. they were living on their own til
the financial crisis happened and everyone began losing their job. For that
matter, here... both my son and middle daughter lost their jobs because the
bosses decided they were going to fire everyone who had been there 3 or more
years because they made more money.. then hire replacements they could pay
alot less... The daughter has a job lined up for when she comes back from
her honeymoon and my son has a part-time job now near where I work that will
probably turn into a full-time job in the fall. It it came down to it and
they had no place to go.. sure... they could come back home but they'd have
to help financially cuz we wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
CiderScratter
2010-06-21 05:18:34 UTC
Who besides you mentioned boater dave?
Errr you did. Forget your meds?
Bullwinkle
2010-06-21 13:53:18 UTC
Negative, davey

Better go back to the ER.
CiderScratter
2010-06-21 05:27:30 UTC
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:19:36 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
The address was originally posted in acav and you well know it.
The "address" yes, but the "link" no.
Irrelevant. As Dustin has said "anyone could have got the link". That is
not the issue. You all know it but still try to make an issue of it.
The original posting of the address was the issue. I agree this was
wrong. I have never disputed that.
The original address poster is who the problem is with. But you all know
you can do nothing there so go for the easier option.

As Dustin did not snip the link of the address and posted them himself
it shows he does not care how many times it is posted.
All your defence goes out of the Window.
No Internet stalker would get anything from a Google link. The address
maybe if they were that way inclined but I am sure they have hundreds of
thousands of posted addresses to choose from. Though you have all done a
very good job on publicising this one. This may just have raised it
profile a little.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:28:43 UTC
because He tells me I can. You have no idea who I am or from what
I have come from to be the person I am today.
As I said, I only know you by your actions here on this newsgroup.
It's the only method in which I have to form an opinion of you.
I only know you by your nasty rants, Dustin ...
Is it that hard to understand what I wrote above Jenn?
Well... IF you want to get to know me by any other means (via
chat/skype) I expect an apology first.
I'm sorry, I don't remember attempting to contact you via skype or chat
or email or anything else... What on earth makes you think I'd want to
talk to you over those mediums at this point Jenn?
Jenn
2010-06-21 14:14:33 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
because He tells me I can. You have no idea who I am or from
what I have come from to be the person I am today.
As I said, I only know you by your actions here on this newsgroup.
It's the only method in which I have to form an opinion of you.
I only know you by your nasty rants, Dustin ...
Is it that hard to understand what I wrote above Jenn?
Well... IF you want to get to know me by any other means (via
chat/skype) I expect an apology first.
I'm sorry, I don't remember attempting to contact you via skype or
chat or email or anything else... What on earth makes you think I'd
want to talk to you over those mediums at this point Jenn?
You said: I only know you by your actions here on this newsgroup.
Post by Dustin Cook
It's the only method in which I have to form an opinion of you.
I said: >>>> I only know you by your nasty rants, Dustin ...

You responded : >>> Is it that hard to understand what I wrote above Jenn?

... which sounded like you only had one way to get to know me... so I
offered an additional way to get to know me was available.

There is no excuse to judge people based only on posts from a ng, but it
also takes effort to get to the know people behind the posts. Not everyone
wants to do that, so they are fine with judging people based only by posts.
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
CiderScratter
2010-06-21 05:29:27 UTC
so what?
Top posting twat.

So you think it is Ok that you reposted the address and link. Great.
Tells us a lot about you.
Bullwinkle
2010-06-21 13:53:43 UTC
Want a picture of you?

Tells us a lot about you.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:38:48 UTC
I just have disdain for hypocrites, Jenn.
You have disdain for a good portion of the world it seems.. that
portion of the world that doesn't agree with you on whatever point you
are making at the time. You demand apologies from men, yet you attack
a woman and refuse to apologize. Who is the hypocrite?
Jenn. Clearly, your trying to spin this into something it never was. I
never attacked you for disagreeing with me. I said you were a hypocrite
whining the other day when you ignore the disgraceful act commited by
someone you call a friend, towards another individual. For you to post
and whine about being treated badly, ganged up on, and just disrespected,
it's very hypocritical of you to turn around and ignore the very same
behavior from one you claim is a friend. Irregardless of whether or not
you like the person your friend is by his own words, provoking, shouldn't
matter. It's a wrong thing to do.
And again, I base my opinion of you and how you should be treated by
the way you act, not necessarily what you say, but by how you act. Do
you understand that Jenn?
I wanted to be left alone, but you wouldn't leave me alone and then
you dragged other people into so they wouldn't leave alone too. You
*I* didn't drag anybody into anything. I have no power of any sort over
anyone here besides myself. Others who commented and scolded BD for his
actions did so on there own free will. They simply realized his actions
weren't acceptable and posted as such. I personally feel he knows his
actions aren't acceptable, but some prefer to give him the benefit of the
doubt.

You involved yourself into it with your lengthy, quit picking on me post,
I'm such a good girl and don't deserve the way everyone is treating me.
People saw it for what it was, hypocritical.

Any individuals who commented to you about the issue, again, did so of
there own free will. I had no part in it, I control no-one.

You created your own bandwagon pity party in your head, there still is
*not* any bandwagon or group of individuals trying to ride you Jenn.
and they harassed me to the point of me just telling several of you to
take a flying leap. You're like a biting fly that keeps biting the
same spot and can't be swatted away, and you wonder why I turn around
and smack at you?
I don't care if you tell me to go away, I'll do as I wish withen the
confines of my moral compass. You should have yours checked.
Do you understand why I call you a hypocrite Jenn? You preach the
Christian way of life, and then write that. Your actions, speak far
louder than your sunday school preaching does.
Everyone doesn't measure up, Dustin, to the Christian way of life. No
one has arrived and we all struggle every day trying to make choices
when we are bombarded from every direction, yet, some expect us to be
perfect. I gave that notion up a long time and at that point I began
to breath again. You'll always see hypocrites if you are expecting
perfect little christians, Dustin.
I don't expect perfection Jenn, I just expect a willingness to stick to
the belief system you profess to believe in, that's all. For you to
blatantly ignore a friend harrassing or otherwise, provoking another
isn't a morally right thing to do. You should, as a christian, step in,
and set your friend straight. You could even do that privately, but it
still should be done.

Let's face it Jenn, you don't even have to be a christian to do the right
thing. You either choose to do it, or you don't.
I'm not asking for you to defend me, Jenn. Yet, you really don't get
that..and you probably never will...
Oh yes you are and you were angry that I wouldn't do it when you
wanted me to otherwise you would have had no reason to attack me and
keep on doing so.
More spin. I'm starting to get dizzy.
~BD~
2010-06-21 07:22:14 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
I'll do as I wish withen the
confines of my moral compass.
Really?

It's OK for *you* to do so - but not for Jenn or me, eh?

Why so?
Dave
Bullwinkle

Dave
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:40:46 UTC
I'm not asking for you to defend me, Jenn. Yet, you really don't get
that..and you probably never will...
Oh yes you are and you were angry that I wouldn't do it when you
wanted me to otherwise you would have had no reason to attack me and
keep on doing so.
You just don't get it, do you Jenn? It's not about BD or Dustin Cook
or any differences they may or may not have.
Yes it is as far as I'm concerned. That's how I see it and will see it
regardless of who tells me otherwise.
Of course you see it that way, to see it any other way would force you to
admit you're friend commited a bad act. You're a hypocrite Jenn. That's
just how it is, regardless of what you say, it's what you do that counts.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:41:03 UTC
I'm not asking for you to defend me, Jenn. Yet, you really don't get
that..and you probably never will...
Oh yes you are and you were angry that I wouldn't do it when you
wanted me to otherwise you would have had no reason to attack me and
keep on doing so.
You just don't get it, do you Jenn? It's not about BD or Dustin Cook or
any differences they may or may not have.
Yes it is as far as I'm concerned. That's how I see it and will see it
regardless of who tells me otherwise.
There's no cure for that kind of blindness.
Intentional as it obviously is.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:41:53 UTC
That probably depends.. Jenn. BD didn't post Aardvark's address. I
have no doubt they'd talk it out, but I wouldn't be surprised if
before talking, BD's nose began to bleed.
He didn't post YOUR address, either!!!
But when he posted it, he thought (or even hoped) it *was* Dustin's
address. That's the point.
I'm not one to know what he was thinking when he posted it, but to me
it looked like he was asking a question if it was or not... to me that
sounds like he did not know.
Can you turn the spin cycle off now?
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:43:44 UTC
That probably depends.. Jenn. BD didn't post Aardvark's address. I
have no doubt they'd talk it out, but I wouldn't be surprised if
before talking, BD's nose began to bleed.
He didn't post YOUR address, either!!!
But when he posted it, he thought (or even hoped) it *was* Dustin's
address. That's the point.
I'm not one to know what he was thinking when he posted it, but to me
it looked like he was asking a question if it was or not... to me
that sounds like he did not know.
You are correct, Jenn! :)
However ............ I'll come clean!
I just *knew* it would be provocative because Dustin didn't want folk
here to know what other people think of him.
Why, as a self proclaimed, heh, "good guy" would you want to provoke
someone in such a manner? How would you know what other people think of
me, BD? And more importantly, why should I or anyone else care what
anonymous strangers on the screen think about me?
Now you know his true colours (but he can change his ways - we can
help him!)
My true colors have never been an issue. I'm not trying to mislead
anybody, BD. I'm a retired Vxer; simple as that. You, OTH, aren't the so
called good guy you'd like for us all to believe tho. :)
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:45:12 UTC
That probably depends.. Jenn. BD didn't post Aardvark's address.
I have no doubt they'd talk it out, but I wouldn't be surprised
if before talking, BD's nose began to bleed.
He didn't post YOUR address, either!!!
But when he posted it, he thought (or even hoped) it *was* Dustin's
address. That's the point.
I'm not one to know what he was thinking when he posted it, but to
me it looked like he was asking a question if it was or not... to me
that sounds like he did not know.
You are correct, Jenn! :)
Doesn't make what you did right.
However ............ I'll come clean!
I just *knew* it would be provocative because Dustin didn't want folk
here to know what other people think of him.
Why should he care what electrons on a screen 'think' of him? Why
would you want to provoke someone who's honest enough to admit his
mistakes of the past and make every effort to do the right thing now?
You're having digs at the wrong people, Dave.
Jenn is there to defend every single poor act the guy performs.
Now you know his true colours (but he can change his ways - we can
help him!)
He gives the appearance of making every effort to 'change his ways'
without your help. I'll take that at face value until I'm proven wrong
(which I doubt will happen).
That'll never happen. As I said from the getgo, I don't write malicious
code of any sort anymore; and I will not do so in the future. 10 years
and counting, Malicious Coders Anonymous. LOL! :)
I like his colours. He's honest, and from what I can see, upright.
Thanks.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:46:13 UTC
[...]
He is mean, and conceited, and if you don't agree with him he attacks
you. Upright?? I am seriously doubting that since he took it upon
himself to use me as his current object to thrash.
Jenn,

BD just provided an explanation for this threads creation. It was to
provoke me. How can you still, defend those acts? I'm not trashing you
Jenn, you're doing that fine on your own.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:48:04 UTC
What? No viking burning of the boat at sea? I'm disappointed.
Dumbass!
Vikings had *longships* - not narrowboats!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longship
Hi BD,
I was checking google groups for information on your son.. and, at
the time, I was going to abuse whatever information I gathered on
him.. But! You know what? I'm not the heartless bastard you think I
am. I'm not going to pursue your kid angle. Based on the posts
about it I glanced over from you, it was a painful experience and
really not something I need to be gloating over.
Don't get me wrong BD, I have distaste for you, but.. not as much
as I had originally thought.
Too little and too late, Dustin. To go so far as to threaten to
even do such a thing to begin with is reprehensible. At it is
you've threated bodily harm to Dave over words. I wouldn't be
surprised if you were the other anonymous person who suggested they
be found dead and with their throats slit.
I've stated what I would do to Dave if ever given the opportunity for
posting a googlemap streetview link to a house he thought was mine
here in usenet, yes. I believe Aardvark said something similar;
physical harm.. :) When you do certain things, a sound ass beating is
just reward. BD knows that. He might not be able to admit it, but he
knows.
Jenn, I've yet to use an anonymous remailer of any kind in my years
on usenet. I just don't see the point in them, as I don't live in a
censorship country like china. If I have something to say, I'll say
it with my own name or handle.
As for the original post, I think killing either of them is a bit
extreme.. I'd be satisified with putting BD in the hospital for his
bad act. And Jenn, I'm not alone in that opinion. Outing someone on
usenet, is a poor thing to do, no matter how you try and spin it.
before you actually hurt someone.
I have no desire to hurt anyone who hasn't tried to do the same to
me. If you think i'm some punkass bitch who'll just take it tho, your
mistaken.
You're a spineless bully, Dustin. Go away.
Hypocrite. BD is the bully, he created this thread to "provoke" me. If
that's not bullying, I dunno what is. As far as spineless, again, that
would describe BD. for two reasons, one, he won't accept the fact that
what he did is wrong, two, he won't apologize for having done it.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:48:57 UTC
I'm patient with most people but I'm not a push over and I'll only
take so much abuse before I turn around and tell you to go take a
flying leap.
I'm not interested in your patience. I was interested in the
hypocrisy you display; after reading your long winded rant about
being picked on, a few days ago. You are a fucking hypocrite, and I
owe you no apology for having said it.
We are at an impasse ... you owe me an apology .. practice what you
preach.
I don't owe you anything Jenn. I haven't lied on you, or posted
personal information about you.
You have been mean, nasty, done whatever you could to BE mean and
nasty to me. Be a man ... apologize.
Why do you feel I should apologize to you, when BD clearly created this
thread to provoke me, and you defend his actions? You're the hypocrite I
said you were.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:50:51 UTC
What? No viking burning of the boat at sea? I'm disappointed.
Dumbass!
Vikings had *longships* - not narrowboats!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longship
Hi BD,
I was checking google groups for information on your son.. and, at
the time, I was going to abuse whatever information I gathered on
him.. But! You know what? I'm not the heartless bastard you think I
am. I'm not going to pursue your kid angle. Based on the posts about
it I glanced over from you, it was a painful experience and really
not something I need to be gloating over.
Don't get me wrong BD, I have distaste for you, but.. not as much as
I had originally thought.
I, for one, commend you on your decision.
I can't imagine the pain of losing a child, I'm not sure I'd have the
requisite strength to go on, and someone rubbing it in would surely
drive me over the edge.
It wasn't a hard decision to reach. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind
having a few minutes in a ring with BD, but.. that's about as far as it
goes in so far as hurting the guy. My issue is with him, not his family
members living or otherwise.

He's a messed up individual who due to paranoia, thinks everyone with
computer skills above his own is out to get him. Although, I've never
actually done anything malicious to the guy, just refused to help him
gain access to forums he'd be told to leave. For that, I get this
provoking thread. Good guy my ass.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:51:19 UTC
[...]
yeah well.. I don't commend him for anything. The idea that he would
even threaten such a thing to dave already inflicts a certain amount
of emotional pain and suggests he has serious anger issues.
H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:53:59 UTC
[...]
Only because you can't understand how wrong what Dave did in starting
this thread was.
I'm not entirely convinced that's the case. I think, perhaps, she does
know it was wrong, but cannot admit it.
The idea that he would
even threaten such a thing to dave already inflicts a certain amount
of emotional pain and suggests he has serious anger issues.
Not necessarily, Jenn. I know that I'm capable of pretty extreme
violence, and have used it in the past. Do you think that *I* have
anger issues?
Tell me something, if you wouldn't mind.. If BD had done to you, what he
did to me.. would or would you not have invoked consequences of a
physical pain/possible injury sort on him for having done it?
I've never caused bodily harm to another for reasons other than self-
defence.
I did punch out a stepdad once for grabbing my mom where he shouldn't
have. But, I dismiss that as one of those cases where he was messing with
my family and needed to be swatted.
Aardvark
2010-06-21 13:31:23 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
Tell me something, if you wouldn't mind.. If BD had done to you, what he
did to me.. would or would you not have invoked consequences of a
physical pain/possible injury sort on him for having done it?
Believe it or not, I've given that hypothetical situation some thought.
Had he been sitting next to me, or in the same street when I discovered
what he had done, the odds are that he would have gained some lumps and
bumps where previously there were none, as well as ringing ears from the
talking to I had given him while administering said lumps and bumps.

If I had to travel thirty minutes to dish out any punishment I felt was
his due, my animus toward him would most likely have abated, although
he'd definitely be getting some stern Anglo-Saxon words bellowed at him.
And possibly a lapel or two grabbed and shaken vigorously.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:58:57 UTC
I've been mad at Dave before, so much so I deleted his membership off
my bbs, but I NEVER EVER went after him to hurt him by threatening his
life, threatening to hurt him in any way, or going after him via his
No, your friend just posted a googlemap streetview of a house he thought
was mine; further spreading a semi private address in yet another
newsgroup. That does, whether you see it or not, place people in
potential harms way. Especially considering BD thinks people strongly
dislike me, and did this to provoke me. That doesn't speak the actions of
a good guy.
son who passed away. THAT is what I call wrong. I actually emailed
What you call wrong and reality obviously aren't the same thing. Your a
hypocrite, sorry, but you certainly are.
Dustin has had... way way overreacting and threatening Dave with
physical harm and threatening his sons memory.
Only because you refuse to see the wrong your friend commited, or the
potential risk it could have caused for me, which BD was aware of, as he
claims many dislike me, but he reposted the address with a googlemaplink
in another newsgroup (this one) anyway. Aardvark gives him the benefit of
the doubt and suspects no malicious intent was implied, but I don't
extend that to BD, he's done this too many times.
being self defense. So, no, I don't believe you would resort to any
extreme violence over a disagreement of words on the internet.
Jenn, There is no disagreement of words here, and there never was. BD and
myself are not in some sort of personal arguement on usenet. BD posted a
googlemapstreetview link to a house he mistakenly thought was mine, to
provoke me. And at the same time, I believe, to place my family members
and myself in potential harms way. I believe this because of his post
where he said he did it to provoke me. In the same post, he goes on to
say that many people dislike me. Obviously he knows the risk he's placing
me in when he created this thread.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 06:00:15 UTC
difference, imo, between what Dave posted and the extreme response
Dustin has had... way way overreacting and threatening Dave with
physical harm and threatening his sons memory.
No threat Jenn. I'd beat him withen inches of his life for what he
did. It's a low thing to do, regardless of your "reason" for doing it.
very mature of you ....
With ones actions come consequences Jenn. In the united states, it's a
federal crime to do what BD did. it's considered Internet Stalking. And, I
suspect I could make the argument he did it with malicious intent.

I feel I am well withen my rights to beat his ass good for his bad act.
~BD~
2010-06-20 21:55:28 UTC
That probably depends.. Jenn. BD didn't post Aardvark's address.
have no doubt they'd talk it out, but I wouldn't be surprised if
before talking, BD's nose began to bleed.
He didn't post YOUR address, either!!!
But when he posted it, he thought (or even hoped) it *was* Dustin's
address. That's the point.
I'm not one to know what he was thinking when he posted it, but to
me
it looked like he was asking a question if it was or not... to me
that
sounds like he did not know.
You are correct, Jenn! :)
Doesn't make what you did right.
I'll not do it again!
However ............ I'll come clean!
I just *knew* it would be provocative because Dustin didn't want folk
here to know what other people think of him.
Why should he care what electrons on a screen 'think' of him? Why
would
you want to provoke someone who's honest enough to admit his mistakes
of
the past and make every effort to do the right thing now? You're
having
digs at the wrong people, Dave.
Probably - but one can never be sure!
Now you know his true colours (but he can change his ways - we can
help
him!)
He gives the appearance of making every effort to 'change his ways'
without your help. I'll take that at face value until I'm proven wrong
(which I doubt will happen).
I like his colours. He's honest, and from what I can see, upright.
Maybe you are a better judge of character than me - maybe! ;-)
Dave
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 06:19:02 UTC
Post by ~BD~
That probably depends.. Jenn. BD didn't post Aardvark's address.
have no doubt they'd talk it out, but I wouldn't be surprised if
before talking, BD's nose began to bleed.
He didn't post YOUR address, either!!!
But when he posted it, he thought (or even hoped) it *was*
Dustin's address. That's the point.
I'm not one to know what he was thinking when he posted it, but to
me
it looked like he was asking a question if it was or not... to me
that
sounds like he did not know.
You are correct, Jenn! :)
Doesn't make what you did right.
I'll not do it again!
So.. why not apologize then?
Post by ~BD~
Probably - but one can never be sure!
That's paranoia for you. You might want to see a doctor about that.
Perhaps they can prescribe something for your condition.
Post by ~BD~
Now you know his true colours (but he can change his ways - we can
help
him!)
He gives the appearance of making every effort to 'change his ways'
without your help. I'll take that at face value until I'm proven
wrong (which I doubt will happen).
I like his colours. He's honest, and from what I can see, upright.
Maybe you are a better judge of character than me - maybe! ;-)
You're still, an ass, BD.
~BD~
2010-06-21 07:26:37 UTC
Post by Dustin Cook
You're still, an ass, BD.
What's that? "You're" ........ Wow!

So *I* am having an influence on you after all! ;-)

Dave
~BD~
2010-06-21 07:05:09 UTC
Friendly?? you spend 3 days cursing me and saying all sorts of
horrible things to me and about me to other people.. and NOW you
want to be friendly?? go away... you don't want to be friendly
to me for any other reason but to make yourself 'look' good at
the end of your rant.
I swore at you Jenn. Quite a bit. You haven't commented on that.
I expected you to.
yes you did... I didn't appreciate it, and it hurt. I'm sure that
actually was a thrill for people like SN and Dustin to see, too,
because that is their purpose when they go on the attack - to hurt
me or see me hurt in some way or another.
I can't speak for SN, but.. speaking for myself, I don't appreciate
the character generalizations you're trying to pass off here.
oh you mean like the ones you try to pass off about xians? You're
just out to hurt me because I did not agree with you.
I'm speaking only from personal experience with some xians I know
here
where I live Jenn, and then theres you. I don't see much difference
in
how you act/vs how they act. They are all about doing as I say, not
as I do.
You really don't know me aside from posting on a political newsgroup.
Being a christian does not remove ones humanity nor does it make them
perfect... it's about a relationship with a living God and that living
God walking with you through life teaching you along the way how to
transform your mind to HIS ways. I've been around all kinds of
christians and seen both sides.. including the dark side of it, but I
STILL believe in God and look to Him every day for help and guidance.
At least I try. All I can see you doing is attacking me because I
don't agree with you and then using christianity as a 2 by 4 to hit me
over the head with it because I don't measure up. Well.. news flash...
no one measures up, but the sweetest thing is that God loves me anyway
despite being an imperfect human being made of dust. He accepts me
and sees the best in me when I can't even see it myself. That's why I
love God and why I'm a Christian. He created me and he knows my every
fault and weakness, but instead of condemning me for them he tells me
I can become more than I ever thought I could if I just believe it
because He tells me I can. You have no idea who I am or from what I
have come from to be the person I am today.
I'm not here to hurt you, but if you feel whining and crying about it
will get you some support, feel free to continue. It's all about
sidestepping the real issue with you anyway, right Jenn?
No ... I believe in standing up for what I feel is right for me to do.
It was wrong of you and everyone else to get after me because I would
not choose to agree with you. One thing God has done for me is teach
me how to be bold and stand up and not be moved by others trying to
turn me into a direction I'm not supposed to go, and that direction
this time was condemning Dave for a post when I was not convinced any
wrong had been done. It would be much easier to just go along with the
group and not face any harassment, but I can't do that because I
believe God has taught me to take a stand and not be moved when I am
convinced I shouldn't do something because one day I may have to take
a stand for HIM.
You or anyone on this ng will move me in any direction by peer
pressure when I believe I am doing the right thing, so it doesn't
matter to me if I am in the minority or not, I will do what "I"
believe... not what you think I should do or anyone else.
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Well said, little sister! :)

Here's an emotional hug! x

Dave
Jenn
2010-06-21 14:15:57 UTC
Post by ~BD~
[...]
thought I could if I just believe it because He tells me I can. You
[...]
Well said, little sister! :)
Here's an emotional hug! x
Dave
I figured you would understand. x back at ya
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/
~BD~
2010-06-21 07:09:15 UTC
You should see how many of them ignore the
stop sign when pulling out of a church down the road. I suppose they
believe God will prevent them from getting in an accident... or, they
just
don't care.
What do they say to you face to face when you stop them and ask why they
ignore the rules?

I'll bet you simply don't have the balls to do that - but you *should*
or you'll never make a difference!
Bullwinkle
2010-06-21 13:50:49 UTC
As a ball less fuckwit who slinks away from
anyone that looks you in the eye, you have no room
to talk.

Even your kid says you are a weak punk.

~BD~
2010-06-21 07:49:29 UTC
Hi BD,
I was checking google groups for information on your son.. and, at
the
time, I was going to abuse whatever information I gathered on him..
But!
You know what? I'm not the heartless bastard you think I am. I'm not
going to pursue your kid angle. Based on the posts about it I glanced
over from you, it was a painful experience and really not something I
need to be gloating over.
Don't get me wrong BD, I have distaste for you, but.. not as much as
had originally thought.
I, for one, commend you on your decision.
I can't imagine the pain of losing a child, I'm not sure I'd have the
requisite strength to go on, and someone rubbing it in would surely
drive
me over the edge.
Thanks for your comment, Aardy.

May God grant that it never happens to you.

Many couples who lose a child eventually lose one another too. :(

Dave
~BD~
2010-06-21 08:00:02 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
[...]
However, I *will* make every effort /never/ to post details of
anyone's real-life address (unless it is already published on the
Internet/www) nor include real email addresses in posts unless they
have already been published elsewhere.
If an anonymous poster with malicious intent posts an address in the
body of the article, and you really must reply, it is best to edit out
the address. When the address is in the subject, it is best to not
reply at all, but changing the subject text would help to not
propagate the address further.
Splattering it elsewhere by crossposting it is just plain wrong.
I have received and understood the message.

In shorthand - "Roger"!

Dave
Nomen Nescio
2010-06-21 12:51:36 UTC
Post by Aardvark
It isn't. What *is* bad Engrish is your occasional use of 'your' when you
should have written 'you're'.
A silly whore in days of yore wrote "yaw" in place of "your" and "you're".
Had she been more learned, she would have written "yaugh".

So phuque oaf with the spelling lames you posturing buffoon.
Aardvark
2010-06-21 13:24:32 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
Post by Aardvark
It isn't. What *is* bad Engrish is your occasional use of 'your' when
you should have written 'you're'.
A silly whore in days of yore wrote "yaw" in place of "your" and
"you're". Had she been more learned, she would have written "yaugh".
So phuque oaf with the spelling lames you posturing buffoon.
He asked, I answered, John Doe.
Bullwinkle

Dave
Aardvark
2010-06-21 13:45:41 UTC
Friendly?? you spend 3 days cursing me and saying all sorts of
horrible things to me and about me to other people.. and NOW you want
to be friendly?? go away... you don't want to be friendly to me for
any other reason but to make yourself 'look' good at the end of your
rant.
I swore at you Jenn. Quite a bit. You haven't commented on that.
I expected you to.
yes you did... I didn't appreciate it, and it hurt.
You know I don't normally use such words in discourse with you. Do you
think that perhaps I wrote that way to stress my point and underline my
disappointment with your inability to recognise wrongdoing?
I'm sure that
actually was a thrill for people like SN and Dustin to see, too, because
that is their purpose when they go on the attack - to hurt me or see me
hurt in some way or another.
Electrons on a monitor screen can't hurt you, Jenn. Only you can do that.
Aardvark
2010-06-21 13:51:27 UTC
But when he posted it, he thought (or even hoped) it *was* Dustin's
address. That's the point.
I'm not one to know what he was thinking when he posted it, but to me it
looked like he was asking a question if it was or not... to me that
sounds like he did not know.
If the question had been directed at me, I would have answered no even if
the image was of my home. I don't mind some people knowing exactly where
I live, but I certainly don't want the world and his dog to know it.

Dustin, I think, is like me in this regard. He said that the property
wasn't his home, but that doesn't necessarily mean (at least to my mind)
that it isn't his home. Dave will just have to go on wondering, won't he?

I can't imagine why he wanted to know in the first place.
~BD~
2010-06-21 14:14:22 UTC
Post by Aardvark
I can't imagine why he wanted to know in the first place.
I'm trying to win the competition for starting the longest newsgroup
thread on Usenet!

How well do you think I'm doing?
--
Dave - damn, can't find the rules now!