Is this really your home, Dustin?
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 02:12:59 UTC
"~BD~" <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:hvktjt$cgf$***@news.eternal-september.org...

[...]
However, I *will* make every effort /never/ to post details of
anyone's real-life address (unless it is already published on the
Internet/www) nor include real email addresses in posts unless they
have already been published elsewhere.
If an anonymous poster with malicious intent posts an address in the
body of the article, and you really must reply, it is best to edit out
the address. When the address is in the subject, it is best to not reply
at all, but changing the subject text would help to not propagate the
address further.

Splattering it elsewhere by crossposting it is just plain wrong.
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 02:40:43 UTC
" dispectable"
As Aardvark might say ............ WTF! :-)
Just as I was going to congratulate him for correctly using you're in
place of your. :o(
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:03:00 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
" dispectable"
As Aardvark might say ............ WTF! :-)
Just as I was going to congratulate him for correctly using you're in
place of your. :o(
Say... Why is it bad english to use "You are" instead of having to do the
shorthand, "You're" method? They both convey the same thing...
--
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see. Hey! The other
side of the mountain was all that he could see! So he went back over the
all that he could see! - Green Jelly The Bear Song
Oldus Fartus
2010-06-21 02:40:40 UTC
What I've made obvious is that I won't let anyone tell me what I
should say, when I should say it, and /or how I should think. I'll
make up my own mind.
That is exactly as it should be, with all taking responsibility for
their own words, and being held accountable for their own words.
If usenet had been designed with accountability in mind, it would be a
much different experience. As it is, it is an unsupervised playground.
Perhaps so, but it still works pretty well.
--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
FromTheRafters
I prefer it over other 'forums' because of it being so. :oD
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:01:21 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by Oldus Fartus
What I've made obvious is that I won't let anyone tell me what I
should say, when I should say it, and /or how I should think. I'll
make up my own mind.
That is exactly as it should be, with all taking responsibility for
their own words, and being held accountable for their own words.
If usenet had been designed with accountability in mind, it would be
a much different experience. As it is, it is an unsupervised
playground.
Perhaps so, but it still works pretty well.
I prefer it over other 'forums' because of it being so. :oD
Same here. Even with the fighting, stalking etc, usenet still has
benefits over forum style.
was all that he could see! - Green Jelly The Bear Song
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 03:22:58 UTC
What I've made obvious is that I won't let anyone tell me what I
should say, when I should say it, and /or how I should think. I'll
make up my own mind.
That is exactly as it should be, with all taking responsibility for
their own words, and being held accountable for their own words.
If usenet had been designed with accountability in mind, it would be
much different experience. As it is, it is an unsupervised
playground.
We wouldn't have the keyboard cowboys, or persons trying to provoke
another
so much..
True, it's another case of 'they do it because they can'.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:00:50 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
What I've made obvious is that I won't let anyone tell me what I
should say, when I should say it, and /or how I should think. I'll
make up my own mind.
That is exactly as it should be, with all taking responsibility for
their own words, and being held accountable for their own words.
If usenet had been designed with accountability in mind, it would be
much different experience. As it is, it is an unsupervised
playground.
We wouldn't have the keyboard cowboys, or persons trying to provoke
another
so much..
True, it's another case of 'they do it because they can'.
Yep. Hey man, just so you know, I've been repasting the message you wrote
simply because you worded it alot better and clearer than I did with my
tagline.. I didn't mean any offense or anything with it, and if you want,
I'll stop using the post.
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 05:39:55 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
[...]
I have no problem with that. I posted it because my RPG/LSL reference
might have been too vague the first time I posted it.

Some people just don't get usenet, I thought it important for readers to
know that there *is* missing context in the snatched up posts being
spammed to certain groups by an anonymous cyberstalking crybaby.

Oldus Fartus
2010-06-21 03:26:37 UTC
Now all the nutters, loons and socks come out to play.
Well, it *is* usenet, after all, mate.
True.
Nice to see you here, as always.
Thanks mate, you too.
--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 03:26:55 UTC
[...]
I am going to take a step back too.
I have proved my point and that is Dave did no wrong. He only
repeated
a post that Dustin himself had posted.
The address was posted by an anon remailer.
You piss someone off, and they decide to scrawl your phone number
under
the text "for a good time call CiderScratter". You get an occasional
call at odd times...along comes Dave who wants *everyone* to have a
good
time. He gets on the subway system (underground) and scrawls the same
message as was already "published" in every stall in every restroom
at
every stop he visits.
Has he done nothing wrong (aside from the obvious graffiti)?
Maybe not, as it was already "out there"...but *now* you have had to
change your number - maybe even have had to move because some nutcase
used a reverse directory and sent you letters.
So, where's CiderScatter's number? I wanna call him.
Not listed in my local telephone directory - check yours.
Jenn
2010-06-21 03:31:02 UTC
........ear to ear.
Oh shit, not another lawyer!
ok I had to laugh when you said that FTR
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
FromTheRafters
2010-06-21 04:58:11 UTC
Well, then that's a *good* thing. :o)
Oldus Fartus
2010-06-21 03:34:25 UTC
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:04:06 -0400, Jenn
hello from Ohio.
I'm a bit south of you in Tulsa. It's really HOT here now. What's
the heat
like up your way?
Very pleasant, 80, breezy and the humidity is down. Kids are in
the pool. -- Virus Removal Instructions
ahhhhh sounds wonderful! humidity here is pretty bad. I can't do
heat very
well at all and tend to get heat headaches very easily if I'm in
the heat during the day even for just short periods of time. so... I am
always finding some place cool to be.
I get kids headaches myself during the summer but they go away come
September
;)
I never had that break because we homeschooled all 3 through 12 yrs
of school... with their age spread, it was something like 19 years
total to get
them all from k - 12. The baby just turned 21 last week, too, the
first one
is married living in LA, and the 2nd one is getting married next
week.
Can you say .. F R E E D O M? :D I still love to get together with
them,
but have lots more freedom now.
we are raising our grandkids(10,6) now and my eldest is 33. I'll be
"free" by the time I'm eligible for SS.
I'm rooting for my kids to raise their own kids and come visit and then go
home.. :)
LOL - that just never happened with me.

At any given time during the last 30 years I have had kids and/or grand
kids move back in with me for varying periods of time.
--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
Jenn
2010-06-21 03:41:19 UTC
Post by Oldus Fartus
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:20:50 -0400, Jenn
[...]
well.. the son is still half here. Her isn't quite financially stable yet
to go fully on his own but he's going that way. The oldest daughter wanted
to move back in with her husband and the grand baby and I said.. nope! We
can't afford it... not at the moment anyway. They are currently living with
his parents cuz the job situation in LA is not too good. He works, but
doesn't get enough to live on their own.. they were living on their own til
the financial crisis happened and everyone began losing their job. For that
matter, here... both my son and middle daughter lost their jobs because the
bosses decided they were going to fire everyone who had been there 3 or more
years because they made more money.. then hire replacements they could pay
alot less... The daughter has a job lined up for when she comes back from
her honeymoon and my son has a part-time job now near where I work that will
probably turn into a full-time job in the fall. It it came down to it and
they had no place to go.. sure... they could come back home but they'd have
to help financially cuz we wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
CiderScratter
2010-06-21 05:18:34 UTC
Who besides you mentioned boater dave?
Errr you did. Forget your meds?
CiderScratter
2010-06-21 05:27:30 UTC
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:19:36 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
The address was originally posted in acav and you well know it.
The "address" yes, but the "link" no.
Irrelevant. As Dustin has said "anyone could have got the link". That is
not the issue. You all know it but still try to make an issue of it.
The original posting of the address was the issue. I agree this was
wrong. I have never disputed that.
The original address poster is who the problem is with. But you all know
you can do nothing there so go for the easier option.

As Dustin did not snip the link of the address and posted them himself
it shows he does not care how many times it is posted.
All your defence goes out of the Window.
No Internet stalker would get anything from a Google link. The address
maybe if they were that way inclined but I am sure they have hundreds of
thousands of posted addresses to choose from. Though you have all done a
very good job on publicising this one. This may just have raised it
profile a little.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:28:43 UTC
because He tells me I can. You have no idea who I am or from what
I have come from to be the person I am today.
As I said, I only know you by your actions here on this newsgroup.
It's the only method in which I have to form an opinion of you.
I only know you by your nasty rants, Dustin ...
Is it that hard to understand what I wrote above Jenn?
Well... IF you want to get to know me by any other means (via
chat/skype) I expect an apology first.
I'm sorry, I don't remember attempting to contact you via skype or chat
or email or anything else... What on earth makes you think I'd want to
talk to you over those mediums at this point Jenn?
CiderScratter
2010-06-21 05:29:27 UTC
so what?
Top posting twat.

So you think it is Ok that you reposted the address and link. Great.
Tells us a lot about you.
Dustin Cook
2010-06-21 05:38:48 UTC
I just have disdain for hypocrites, Jenn.
You have disdain for a good portion of the world it seems.. that
portion of the world that doesn't agree with you on whatever point you
are making at the time. You demand apologies from men, yet you attack
a woman and refuse to apologize. Who is the hypocrite?
Jenn. Clearly, your trying to spin this into something it never was. I
never attacked you for disagreeing with me. I said you were a hypocrite
whining the other day when you ignore the disgraceful act commited by
someone you call a friend, towards another individual. For you to post
and whine about being treated badly, ganged up on, and just disrespected,
it's very hypocritical of you to turn around and ignore the very same
behavior from one you claim is a friend. Irregardless of whether or not
you like the person your friend is by his own words, provoking, shouldn't
matter. It's a wrong thing to do.
And again, I base my opinion of you and how you should be treated by
the way you act, not necessarily what you say, but by how you act. Do
you understand that Jenn?
I wanted to be left alone, but you wouldn't leave me alone and then
you dragged other people into so they wouldn't leave alone too. You
*I* didn't drag anybody into anything. I have no power of any sort over
anyone here besides myself. Others who commented and scolded BD for his
actions did so on there own free will. They simply realized his actions
weren't acceptable and posted as such. I personally feel he knows his
actions aren't acceptable, but some prefer to give him the benefit of the
doubt.

You involved yourself into it with your lengthy, quit picking on me post,
I'm such a good girl and don't deserve the way everyone is treating me.
People saw it for what it was, hypocritical.

Any individuals who commented to you about the issue, again, did so of
there own free will. I had no part in it, I control no-one.

You created your own bandwagon pity party in your head, there still is
*not* any bandwagon or group of individuals trying to ride you Jenn.
and they harassed me to the point of me just telling several of you to
take a flying leap. You're like a biting fly that keeps biting the
same spot and can't be swatted away, and you wonder why I turn around
and smack at you?
I don't care if you tell me to go away, I'll do as I wish withen the
confines of my moral compass. You should have yours checked.
Do you understand why I call you a hypocrite Jenn? You preach the
Christian way of life, and then write that. Your actions, speak far
louder than your sunday school preaching does.
Everyone doesn't measure up, Dustin, to the Christian way of life. No
one has arrived and we all struggle every day trying to make choices
when we are bombarded from every direction, yet, some expect us to be
perfect. I gave that notion up a long time and at that point I began
to breath again. You'll always see hypocrites if you are expecting
perfect little christians, Dustin.
I don't expect perfection Jenn, I just expect a willingness to stick to
the belief system you profess to believe in, that's all. For you to
blatantly ignore a friend harrassing or otherwise, provoking another
isn't a morally right thing to do. You should, as a christian, step in,
and set your friend straight. You could even do that privately, but it
still should be done.

Let's face it Jenn, you don't even have to be a christian to do the right
thing. You either choose to do it, or you don't.
I'm not asking for you to defend me, Jenn. Yet, you really don't get
that..and you probably never will...
Oh yes you are and you were angry that I wouldn't do it when you
wanted me to otherwise you would have had no reason to attack me and
keep on doing so.
More spin. I'm starting to get dizzy.